Recipe by Dannygirl
I found this in "Todays Parent" magazine. The write-up said it was concocted by "Linda's mother, Judy". Linda is a staffer at the magazine.
- 2 lean ground beef or 2 lean ground beef
- 118.29 ml breadcrumbs or 118.29 ml matzo meal
- 1 egg
- 59.14 ml ketchup
- 59.14 ml onion, grated
- 2.46 ml mustard
- 2.46 ml salt
- 0.25 ml black pepper
- 680.38 g can tomato sauce
- 29.58 ml brown sugar
- 14.79 ml granulated sugar
- 29.58 ml vinegar
- 4.92 ml Worcestershire sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all meatball ingredients and form into 1 inch diameter balls.
- Combine all sauce ingredients in a large saucepan and bring to boil over medium heat.
- Drop uncooked meatballs into simmering sauce, one at a time.
- Cook for one hour, stirring occasionally, very carefully so as not to break up the meatballs.
- Serve with mashed potatoes or rice, or your usual side dish.