Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
I found this in "Todays Parent" magazine. The write-up said it was concocted by "Linda's mother, Judy". Linda is a staffer at the magazine.
- 1 1⁄2 lean ground beef or 1 1⁄2 lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs or 1⁄2 cup matzo meal
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup onion, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash black pepper
- 1 (24 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Mix all meatball ingredients and form into 1 inch diameter balls.
- Combine all sauce ingredients in a large saucepan and bring to boil over medium heat.
- Drop uncooked meatballs into simmering sauce, one at a time.
- Cook for one hour, stirring occasionally, very carefully so as not to break up the meatballs.
- Serve with mashed potatoes or rice, or your usual side dish.