A proper rice pudding is smooth & creamy with just a hind of spices. Serve it with a spoonful of thick cherry jam or icecream. You can also add more spice or less depending on taste
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pour the milk into a pan and add the vanilla bean pod. Bring to simmering point, then remove from heat, cover and leave to infuse for 1 hour. Preheat the oven to 150°C.
- 2Put the rice and sugar in an ovenproof dish. Strain the milk over the rice, discarding the vanilla pod Add the spices and stir to mix, then dot the surface with butter.
- 3Bake uncovered for 2 hours. After about 40 minutes, stir the surface skin into the pudding, and repeat this after a further 40 minutes.
- 4Allow the pudding to finish cooking for the final 40 minutes without stirring.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Traditional Baked English Rice Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (189 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 269.3
- Calories from Fat 97
- Total Fat 10.8 g
- Saturated Fat 6.5 g
- Cholesterol 29.9 mg
- Sodium 99.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 17.3 g
- Protein 6.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: