Recipe by CheCheCherie
Traditional style cobbler with a sweet buttery biscuit type topping. Adapted to our taste from a recipe by Land O Lakes. We don't care for crumbles or cobbler recipes with oats. After searching high and low and testing many different recipes, this is the clear winner. Posting for safe keeping.
- 7 -8 large granny smith apples
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 6 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Peel, core and slice apples into 1/4inch slices.
- Combine next three ingredients, sugar, brown sugar and 1/2 tsp cinnamon in a bowl and toss with apples to coat.
- Place apples in a 13x9 baking pan.
- Combine remaining cinnamon, flour, sugar, eggs, baking powder and salt in a bowl at medium speed until mixture resembles course crumbs.
- Sprinkle over apples.
- Pour melted butter evenly over topping.
- Optional: sprinkle lightly with extra sugar and cinnamon to add crunch to your topping.
- Bake 45-55 minutes or until lightly browned and apples are tender.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.