Top Review by Ginny Sue
These reminded me a lot of the "Mexican Pizzas" my mom used to make. The tortillas get nice and crunchy in the oven, and the combination of ingredients is perfect. I keep cooked shredded chicken in my freezer just for recipes like this.
- 4 (6 inch) flour tortillas
- 3 ounces shredded monterey jack pepper cheese (3/4 Cup)
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 cup black beans (cooked)
- 1 cup verde green chili salsa, plus more (optional)
- verde green chili salsa, for serving (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped plus
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 cup shredded iceberg lettuce
- 3 plum tomatoes, diced
- 1⁄4 cup light sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place tortillas on a baking sheet and sprinkle cheese over the tortillas.
- Bake about 10 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Combine the chicken, beans, salsa, 1/4 cup cilantro, and cumin. Spoon the mixture evenly over tortillas, and bake until heated through, about 8 minutes.
- Top with remaining ingredients. Serve immediately.