Recipe by Vino Girl
This is a simple tossed salad, and I love the fact that the vinaigrette is oil-free. The dressing has a bit of a tang to it, but it is well-balanced by the sweetness of the fruit. I used Golden Delicious apples since they don't turn brown when cut, and romaine lettuce for the greens. I think the greens should be something "sturdy" to hold up to the apples and pineapple. Spinach would also be great! This recipe comes from Del Monte. Edited to note that I have this posted in the vegan category, even though feta cheese is listed in the ingredients because I have made this without cheese, too, and it is also good that way.
- 2 apples, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups pineapple, cubed
- 1 red onions or 1 other sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons feta cheese, crumbled
- 6 cups salad greens
- 3 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sweet-hot mustard
- 1 clove garlic, minced finely or 1 clove garlic powder
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk together water, vinegar, mustard, garlic, salt, and pepper in a small bowl; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine greens, apples, pineapple, onion, and cheese.
- Pour dressing over the fruit and vegetables and toss gently to coat.
- Serve immediately.