Greek Frittata With Spinach, Oregano and Feta Cheese
- Ready In:
- 8 large eggs
- 1 cup finely crumbled feta cheese
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano
- fresh ground black pepper
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups spinach, washed, tough stems removed
- Heat 2 teaspoons of olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the spinach, season with salt and pepper. Toss quickly until leaves are barely wilted, about 30 seconds. Remove from heat, drain and set aside.
- Whisk the eggs, cheese, oregano, salt and pepper together until thoroughly combined.
- In an 8" or 10" ovenproof skillet, heat 2 teaspoons of olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the onion and cook until soft and translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add the spinach and turn the heat to low.
- Add the egg mixture (do not stir) and cook over low heat until the eggs are set, about 15 to 20 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat the broiler.
- Place the skillet under the broiler for 30 to 45 seconds to finish cooking the top.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!