1/2 Photos of Tortilla Lasagna
We enjoyed this simple dish, goes great with salsa and sour cream with a tossed salad Recipe source: Prevention magazine (March 2011)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- 2Spray baking sheet with Pam.
- 3Heat oil in skillet over medium heat and add onion, garlic and green pepper and cook stirring until softened (5 minutes). Stir in cumin and cook another minute.
- 4Stir in tomatoes, water and chilies and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium low and simmer, stirring occasionally until thickened (15 minutes). (I also thought it would be great to add 1 can of chopped black olives).
- 5Brush 1 side of each tortilla with oil and cut into 1 inch strips -- place on baking sheet and bake until crisp (10 minutes). Set aside.
- 6Reduce oven temp to 350-degrees F.
- 7Layer half of the tortilla strips in baking dish and top with half of the sauce and half of the cheese. Repeat layers.
- 8Bake until cheese is melted and casserole is bubbly -- 20-30 minutes.
- 9Serve with sour cream, salsa and chopped jalapenos, if desired.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tortilla Lasagna
Serving Size: 1 (314 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 336.5
- Calories from Fat 143
- Total Fat 15.9 g
- Saturated Fat 8.5 g
- Cholesterol 37.7 mg
- Sodium 262.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.8 g
- Sugars 5.8 g
- Protein 15.5 g