I went on a missions trip almost 13 years ago with Teen Missions International and this was one of the meals served. I made sure to come home with the recipe as it was a team favourite!
- Fry ground beef and onions until meat is cooked through.
- Add taco seasoning and water and cook until thickened.
- Line the pan or casserole dish with 3 tortillas, then layer with 1/2 of the meat, 1/2 of the beans, 1/2 of the sour cream and 1/2 of the cheese.
- If you like it spicy, then top it with some hot sauce or salsa.
- Bake at 350 until bubbly (about an hour).
- *OAMC directions: after baking, place in rigid container and seal with a lid (and plastic wrap if desired). Place in freezer. When ready to eat, thaw, place in baking dish, and reheat in 400 degree oven for 30 minutes.