Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
There are a few similar recipes on the site, but this one's a little different.
- 1 lb fresh tortellini
- 12 slices bacon, slices coarsely chopped
- 1 lb cremini mushroom, sliced
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried sage
- 4 large egg yolks
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2⁄3 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Cook tortellini in pot of boiling salted water to al dente. Drain and reserve 1 cup of the cooking liquid.
- Saute bacon in a large skillet over medium-high until crisp. Pour off all but 3 tablespoons of the drippings. Add mushrooms, onions, garlic and sage to skillet. Saute until mushrooms are tender, about 8 minutes.
- Add 1/2 cup of the reserved cooking liquid to skillet and bring to a boil.
- Whisk egg yolks and cream to blend. Add to mushroom mixture along with tortellini and 1/3 cup Parmesean cheese. Toss until sauce thickens and coats tortellini, adding more cooking liquid to thin sauce if desired.
- Season with salt and pepper, transfer to serving dish and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
This is really delicious! I used fresh tortellini with three cheeses and it went well with the bacon and mushrooms. I also substituted asiago cheese because that's what I had on hand, but other than that, it was all the same! This is a very good recipe I will make again!