Recipe by PSU Lioness
I found the original recipe for this on the Disney Family Fun site and changed it up a bit to add some more Asian inspired flavor. The original was featured as a dish that cost under $1.50 a serving and adding the additional ingredients doesn't increase the cost by much! It's still quick, easy, cheap and tastes great!
- 1 lb frozen cheese tortellini
- 1 cup edamame, shelled
- 1 cup red pepper, diced
- 1 lb smoked sausage (I use kielbasa)
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat Italian salad dressing
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 cup low-sodium teriyaki sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Set 6 quarts of salted water to boil in a large pot.
- Meanwhile, chop red pepper and slice the smoked sausage into 1/4 inch-thick rounds.
- Stir-fry red pepper and sausage together until heated through -- about 5 minutes.
- Add tortellini to boiling water and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add edamame to water and boil for another 2 minutes. Drain tortellini and edamame well.
- Mix Italian dressing, ginger and teriyaki sauce.
- Toss everything together with the Italian dressing mixture and heat through one final time.