Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Really healthy soup, good to use when there's no time to spend in the kitchen!
Make and share this Tortellini Tomato Spinach Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup minced onion (about 1/2 small onion)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 -6 cups chicken broth or 4 -6 cups vegetable broth
- 1 (14 ounce) can whole tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1 (9 ounce) packagefresh tortellini or 1 (9 ounce) packagedried tortellini
- kosher salt
- cracked black pepper
- 10 ounces fresh spinach or 10 ounces frozen spinach, defrosted and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- In a soup pot, heat olive oil over medium high heat.
- Saute the onion and garlic, stirring often until onions are translucent, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add broth and tomatoes, turn heat up to high, and bring to a boil.
- Add the tortellini and cook according to package instructions.
- When tortellini is almost done, add spinach and taste, adjusting seasonings with salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately.
- Garnish each serving with a sprinkling of Parmesan.
This was delicious, and I felt like I was doing something nice for myself eating it! Very healthy and simple. I used beef tortellinis, because my family likes them, and I had a can of stewed tomatoes. I also added a little pinch of basil and oregano. I would hold off on the cheese until you taste the soup. I like it better without. That is a matter of personal preferrence.
Loved this soup...I used cheese tortellini and also sprinkled with mozza in addition to parmesan. Very quick and easy... Thanks Catherine
Great soup! I added fresh basil leaves and also another can of diced tomatoes. Fantastic!