Recipe by ejgoss2
This recipe is best when you use the refrigerated tortellini rather than the frozen kind.
- 1 lb reduced-fat Italian sausage
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup zucchini, chopped
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans fat free chicken broth
- 2 (15 ounce) cans Italian stewed tomatoes
- 2 cups water
- 1 1⁄2 cups vegetable juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 ounces cheese tortellini
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown sausage in skillet, drain and rinse, set aside.
- In a stock pot add onion, carrot, garlic, and zucchini with a teaspoon of water. Saute vegetables for 5 minutes.
- Add broth, tomatoes, water, V8, and salt and pepper. Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add sausage, cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add tortellini and simmer uncovered for 20 minutes.
- Can be served with grated Parmesan cheese.