Recipe by thistleridge
A meatless alternative for a satisfying supper. Only 4 ingredients! This will become a standard quick meal in your home. Don't be put off by the anchovy. Give it a try. I use cheese or cheese and mushroom tortellini.
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 (14 ounce) can Italian plum tomatoes, cut
- 2 teaspoons anchovy paste
- 1 lb cheese-filled tortellini
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat cream in medium saucepan, over medium heat until reduced to 1 Cup.
- In another saucepan heat tomatoes, stir and mash tomatoes until liquid cooks off.
- Stir in anchovy paste to tomatoes.
- Slowly add cream to tomato mixture.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook tortellini using package directions.
- Serve sauce over pasta.