Recipe by weekend cooker
a recipe given to me by a friend that won 1st place at a baking contest.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Made these to have for a monthly group I host & they were a big hit! With the exception of using a bit more than 1 1/2 cups of raisins, I did follow the recipe, though another time, closer to mid-December, I'd like to substitute (as did another reviewer) dried cranberries for the raisins! Thanks for sharing this great recipe! [Tagged & made in Please Review My Recipe]
- 1 cup soft shortening
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups self rising flour
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup raisins
- 3 cups oatmeal
- 2 cups shredded coconut
- 2 cups chopped walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- beat together first 5 ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Blend the flour, cinnamon, and nutmeg, in the mixture.
- Stir raisens,oatmeal, coconuts and walnuts, into the mixture, the mixture will be very stiff.
- Roll into 1 inch balls and place on greased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes.
- Cool about 2-3 minutes before removing from baking pan.
- ENJOY ! ! !