Drop Sugar Cookies
This recipe was printed in my local paper, The Virginian-Pilot on September 30, 2009. This cookie won 1st Place in the sugar cookie category at the 2009 Virginia State Fair. It was submitted by Danhof VanDyke of Eastville, Virginia. ***Adapted from “All Time Baking Soda Favorites”
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- extra sugar, for flattening cookies
- Pre-heat oven to 350.
- Sift together flour, salt and baking soda.
- Using an electric mixer, cream butter and sugar in a large bowl until light and fluffy.
- Beat in vanilla and egg.
- Add flour mixture and beat until smooth.
- Blend in milk.
- Drop by teaspoon about 3 inches apart onto greased baking sheets.
- Flatten with bottom of glass that has been dipped in sugar (I do this twice).
- Bake in 350-degree oven about 8 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool on rack.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation
I love this recipe i use it everytime i need to make sugar cookies it fast and can be done last minute. I actually use it in my cookie pres machine i bought it for $5 and it presses the batter into whatever cutter shape i select i can press out my batter in five minutes sprinkle my sugar on top put it in the oven for 8 minutes and i get perfect uniform cookies every time. With out using parchment or stuck on cookies.