Another great breakfast recipe from Top Chef.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 large eggs
- 1/2 cup grated monterey jack cheese
- 10 cremini mushrooms, cut into thirds
- 1 leek (white and light green part, sliced, dark green part cut into strips for tying up bundle)
- 1/3 cup fresh corn kernels
- 6 orange tomatoes, sliced into 4 slices each
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, more if needed
- 1/8 cup fresh basil leaf, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 12 slices black forest ham
- salt and pepper, for seasoning
- 3 tablespoons chopped chives, for garnish
- 24 slices of rustic toast
- 1In a small bowl, combine basil, olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- 2Stir to combine.
- 3Set aside.
- 4In a medium skillet, melt 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat.
- 5Add sliced leeks, mushrooms and corn.
- 6Cook until tender.
- 7Using a slotted spoon, transfer mixture from skillet to a medium bowl.
- 8Cover to keep warm.
- 9Cook strips of leek until just soft enough to bend.
- 10Set aside.
- 11Season tomato slices with salt and pepper.
- 12Add to skillet, adding more butter if needed.
- 13Cook over medium heat, turning once, until tomatoes just begin to soften.
- 14Remove from heat and set aside.
- 15Break eggs into a large bowl.
- 16Whisk vigorously until smooth.
- 17Season with salt and pepper and stir well to combine.
- 18In a large skillet, melt 3 tablespoons butter over medium low heat.
- 19Add eggs to skillet and cook to desired firmness, stirring frequently.
- 20Sprinkle cheese over eggs and stir to combine.
- 21To serve: Lay slices of ham on clean work surface in a single layer.
- 22Divide scrambled egg mixture between the slices.
- 23Spoon mushroom mixture over eggs.
- 24Drizzle with basil oil and sprinkle with chives.
- 25Roll each slice of ham around the filling and tie with leek strips.
- 26Arrange 2 slices of rustic toast on each plate.
- 27Top with tomatoes then egg bundle.
- 28Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Top Chef Betty Fraser Black Forest Ham & Egg Bundle, Corn
Serving Size: 1 (509 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 888.7
- Calories from Fat 356
- Total Fat 39.6 g
- Saturated Fat 15.4 g
- Cholesterol 571.6 mg
- Sodium 1733.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 90.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.6 g
- Sugars 8.2 g
- Protein 42.0 g