Recipe by sams1
Health side dish. Mums recipe which no roast was complete without. The herbs vary, if I have fresh basil in the garden I also layer in between. Measurements are also pretty rough. I use the microwave to really cut down on the cooking time. Works a treat.
- 3 tomatoes, sliced
- 4 zucchini, sliced
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon mixed Italian herbs
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter
- cracked black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Lightly grease a small casserole dish.
- Place a layer of zucchini on the base followed by a layer of tomatoes.
- Grind pepper over tomatoes, sprinkle with diced onion, garlic and herbs, add basil if available.
- Repeat the process until all ingredients are used, ending in a layer of tomatoes.
- Place in microwave and cook on medium high until zucchini is slightly tender.
- Sprinkle with bread (or rice) crumbs and dot with butter. Several slices of tomatoes can also be placed on top of crumbs for decoration.
- Place in a hot oven until crumbs are browned.