2 hrs 30 mins
1 hr 30 mins
This soup is chunky, hearty, almost a vegetable stew. Serve with crunchy bread or rolls. Freezes well.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (15 ounce) cans stewed tomatoes
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole tomatoes (cut tomatoes in half)
- 1 (46 ounce) can V8 vegetable juice
- 5 -6 cloves crushed garlic (optional)
- 2 -3 tablespoons instant chicken bouillon granules or 2 -3 tablespoons beef bouillon granules
- 2 cups hot water
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can red kidney beans (or beans of your liking)
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can creamed corn or 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can canned corn niblets
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can peas (or handful of frozen peas)
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can French style green beans (or yellow or whole or cut)
- 1 head broccoli, cut into short spears and cut all heavy stems into slices
- 1/2 head cauliflower, cut in chunky spears, bite size
- 1/2 rutabaga (cubed or julienne)
- 2 -3 carrots, thin bias-sliced
- 1/2 head celery, cut into 1/2 inch slices including leaves
- 1 Spanish onion, cut in half, slice each half into 1/2 inch slices, break up
- 1/2-1 whole cabbage, shredded into 1/2 inch strips
- 1Emptied stewed tomatoes, tomatoes, tomato sauce and juice into stockpot with juice.
- 2Put chicken or beef instant granules into hot water, whisk to mix, needs to be strong, add to the above.
- 3This is the the base for the soup (If you wish,make it vegetarian, leave out the instant granules and add another can of tomato sauce).
- 4Add the soup ingredients to base in a stockpot.
- 5Bring to a boil.
- 6Boil 5 minutes.
- 7Turn to low simmer for 1 hour.
- 8If desired, pre-cooked pasta or rice may also be added.
- 9Note: Do not add salt without tasting, there is enough in cans.
- 10Note: Quantities are whatever you want, you can use 6 cans or 12 cans or pounds and pounds of fresh veggies, all fresh or all canned, or both combined, just about any kind of veggies.
- 11Always keep the veggies chunky, they look better and don't cook away.
- 12Left over cooked veggies can be used, make base and add precooked veggies, do not boil, warm up only.
- 13The stewed and canned whole tomatoes, sauce and V8 form the base with the beef or chicken broth.
- 14If you increase/decrease the veggie quantities you must increase/decrease the base quantities accordingly.
Browse Our Top Clear Soup Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tomato Veggie Soup
Serving Size: 1 (705 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 375.9
- Calories from Fat 21
- Total Fat 2.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.6 mg
- Sodium 2593.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 79.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 21.5 g
- Sugars 31.6 g
- Protein 19.4 g