Recipe by Dreamer in Ontario
You'd never know there was tofu in this soup so don't tell those fearful of trying it! It tastes so rich and creamy. The recipe comes from Weight Watchers Simply the Best
Top Review by KelBel
Made this with homegrown tomatoes. Once cooked down, I added all of the ingredients and used a hand blender to blend. I then strained out the seeds and skins for a smooth and creamy light pink soup. Delicious served with cheese crackers.
- 1 tablespoon unsalted margarine (stick)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 3⁄4 lb reduced-fat soft tofu (reserve 1/2 cup of the liquid)
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, minced
- 1 tablespoon honey
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt margarine in a large saucepan.
- Add onion and cook until softened (about 5 minutes).
- Add flour and cook, stirring constantly, until the flour is slightly browned (about 1 minute).
- Add the tomatoes, broth, oregano and pepper.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer, covered, until heated through (about 10 minutes).
- Puree the tofu and the reserved liquid.
- Add the pureed tofu, parsley, dill and honey.
- If you prefer you can puree to whole soup for a smoother texture.
- Cook while stirring until just heated (about 3 minutes).
- Don't overcook.