Recipe by Chef Sunshine
This is a little simpler than the others. But with added nutmeg for more of a "spice".
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can tomato soup
- 1 egg
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup margarine or 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 cup raisins
- dusted with flour
- 1 cup cherries, if desired
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream the margarine or butter, the egg and the.
- sugar together.
- Add the tomato soup and mix well.
- Sift together the dry ingredients and then add to the batter, stirring until evenly combined.
- Gently stir in the walnuts, raisins and.
- if desired, the cherries.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Coat loaf pan with Crisco oil and lightly flour.
- Pour ingredients in loaf pan and bake about 1 hour.
- Let cool.
- Ice with cream cheese frosting.