Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Never in my life have I imagined there to be a cake made using tomato soup!
Make and share this Tomato Soup Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon clove
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can tomato soup
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 (4 ounce) package cream cheese, softened (whatever the small package is)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 cup shortening (Crisco)
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla (optional)
- Beat sugar, butter and egg.
- Mix soda, spices and flour in medium bowl; add to egg mixture, alternating with tomato soup.
- Pour batter into a greased and floured 9"x13" pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes or until center springs back when touched- Let cool.
- Crombine frosting ingredients; beat until creamy.
- Frost cake when cool.