Recipe by AxMan
It is a tomato SAUCE, milk based sauce with tomatoes in it but not a red sauce such as on spaghetti or other Italian dishes. Best served cold, on meats such as cold cuts.
Top Review by ~Nimz~
This is a very mild sauce with only a hint to tomato. I did half the recipe but other than that made as it. We tried this with smoked turkey and strips of leftover steak for a snake, and really preferred the beef with this sauce. I may make this again and add a little horseradish to use with beef. Made for Spring PAC 2008. Thanks for sharing.
- 2 roma tomatoes, seeded
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Put tomato slices in a blender and blend until only small chunks remain or smooth based on your consistency preference.
- Add tomatoes, olive oil, garlic powder, sugar, and salt into a saucepan and heat on low stirring occasionally.
- Once ingredients begin to steam gradually add the milk while stirring.
- Beat eggs and add them to the mixture and cook for another 4-5 minutes until the mixture begins to thicken.
- Stir in vinegar and remove from heat.
- Serve Cold.