Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This pie is absolutely fabulous. When I make it to sell at my market it flies off the table! My Mother found it an old community cookbook. I prefer to make it with full fat cheese and mayo, but I wanted to give the option for those who like low fat items.
- Partially bake your pie crust. I use whole wheat pastry four, but you can use your favorite recipe.
- Mix the mayo with the cheddar cheese.
- Layer the pie as follows: 1/2 the tomatoes, 1/2 the onion, 1/2 the basil, 1/2 the mushrooms, 1/2 the Swiss cheese, All the mayo and cheddar mixture, then repeat layers.
- Bake at 350 for 35 to 40 minutes until golden.
- Share with friends and enjoy!