Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Years ago a friend of mine was a chef at a restaurant on Broadway in Saskatoon called Nino's. He used to make this soup, and I've tried several recipes over the years and they never really tasted close. I fiddled around with what I liked about other recipes and came up with this. Feel free to add more Orzo depending on your tastes, in our house there are hardly any leftovers. The recipe doubles and triples well.
- Cook Orzo Pasta al dente (use sea salt for the best results).
- Put Diced tomatoes and tomato soup in a blender and blend til smooth.
- Put blended mix into pot along with chicken broth, al dente Orzo, Parsley, Basil and Back Pepper.
- Bring to a boil, stir constantly.
- Remove from heat.
- Add Parmesan, stir and serve.