Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Years ago a friend of mine was a chef at a restaurant on Broadway in Saskatoon called Nino's. He used to make this soup, and I've tried several recipes over the years and they never really tasted close. I fiddled around with what I liked about other recipes and came up with this. Feel free to add more Orzo depending on your tastes, in our house there are hardly any leftovers. The recipe doubles and triples well.
- 796 ml diced tomatoes (Regular or Italian)
- 284 ml tomato soup
- 1 cup orzo pasta
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons parsley flakes (fresh or dried)
- 1 tablespoon basil leaves (fresh or dried)
- 2 teaspoons fresh cracked pepper
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese
- Cook Orzo Pasta al dente (use sea salt for the best results).
- Put Diced tomatoes and tomato soup in a blender and blend til smooth.
- Put blended mix into pot along with chicken broth, al dente Orzo, Parsley, Basil and Back Pepper.
- Bring to a boil, stir constantly.
- Remove from heat.
- Add Parmesan, stir and serve.