Diamond Dave's Note:
Years ago a friend of mine was a chef at a restaurant on Broadway in Saskatoon called Nino's. He used to make this soup, and I've tried several recipes over the years and they never really tasted close. I fiddled around with what I liked about other recipes and came up with this. Feel free to add more Orzo depending on your tastes, in our house there are hardly any leftovers. The recipe doubles and triples well.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook Orzo Pasta al dente (use sea salt for the best results).
- 2Put Diced tomatoes and tomato soup in a blender and blend til smooth.
- 3Put blended mix into pot along with chicken broth, al dente Orzo, Parsley, Basil and Back Pepper.
- 4Bring to a boil, stir constantly.
- 5Remove from heat.
- 6Add Parmesan, stir and serve.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tomato Orzo Soup
Serving Size: 1 (91 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 7
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 174.8
- Calories from Fat 21
- Total Fat 2.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 4.1 mg
- Sodium 681.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 8.5 g
- Protein 7.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: