Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
A great old-fashioned soup recipe;true comfort food. You can make this in your slow cooker in the morning, leave it on Low, but add the macaroni the last 1/2 hour only. Sprinkle on freshly grated parmesan cheese and enjoy a taste of yesterday.
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery leaves, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomatoes, cubed
- 8 cups beef broth
- 2 teaspoons onion soup mix
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 cup macaroni, uncooked
- salt and pepper
- Heat oil and butter.
- Add onion celery and celery leaves and sauté until softened.
- Add tomatoes, Worcestershire sauce and beef broth.
- Simmer for 45 minutes; add macaroni and cook on Low until pasta is cooked(app 30 minutes.).
- Taste and add salt and pepper.
I liked it alot! Hubby said it's good-nice and flavourful.
This was great. The only changes I made was to add a bit of small-diced round steak to it and used a smaller pasta. The only thing I'd change next time would be to maybe leave out either a bit of the beef stock and sub with water or tomato juice or omit the onion soup mix, as the soup was bit salty for our taste. Thanks for posting!
Imediately picked this one to try when my google search for Tomato Macaroni Soup Recipe revealed this recipe. A winner recipe beyond my expectations. Yummy and so easy. Ingredients that we always have on hand. Thank you Sage<br/>Claudette H.