Recipe by Dienia B.
Can make spicy or hot or plain. They didn't say how much this made. This is just using the juice of tomatoes; must cook them to get to this point.
- 2 cups tomato juice, strained
- 1 lemon, juice and zest
- 3 ounces pectin
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce, optional for hot, can add more to taste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon clove, optional for spicy, add cinnamon and cloves
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil toomato juice if making spicy; you can add the spices in a boil bag or use ground.
- Add lemon juice and fine zest.
- Stir in pectin.
- Bring to a boil.
- Stir in sugar until dissolve.
- Bring to a rolling boil; boil 4 minutes.
- If making hot jelly add Tabasco now.
- Let stand a minute; skim.
- Pour into jars.