1/1 Photo of Tomato Florentine Soup
Bren in LR's Note:
This was found in a 2005 Cooking Light magazine. It was contributed by a reader that duplicated a recipe from a favorite restaurant in Manhatten. It is very tasty and easy to prepare.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 1/4 cups onions, finely chopped
- 2/3 cup celery, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup water
- 2 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2/3 cup small shell pasta, uncooked
- 2 cups fresh spinach, bagged and prewashed
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1Heat oil in Dutch oven over medium heat. Add onion and celery; cook 7 minutes or until tender, stirring frequently.
- 2Stir in garlic, cook 1 minute.
- 3Add water, broth, tomatoes and tomato sauce.
- 4Bring to a simmer, cook 25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 5Stir in pasta and cook 8 minutes.
- 6Add spinach, cook 2 minutes or until spinach wilts and pasta is done.
- 7Stir in salt and pepper.
- 8Divide soup evenly among 4 bowls, top with cheese. Serving size: 1 3/4 cups soup and 1 tablespoon cheese.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tomato Florentine Soup
Serving Size: 1 (581 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 226.4
- Calories from Fat 63
- Total Fat 7.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 5.5 mg
- Sodium 1158.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 10.4 g
- Protein 12.0 g