Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
Can't remember the actual name for this one but it is fancied by all of my family and friends. I usually like serving this with a romaine salad with cherry tomatoes seasoned with salt and pepper. And garlic bread.
- 12 ounces cubed ham, bits
- 1 pint heavy cream
- 1 cup Hunts tomato sauce
- 8 ounces fresh parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon basil
- parmesan cheese (for extra seasoning)
- salt and pepper
- 16 ounces penne pasta
- In large skillet over medium heat. Heat oil and ham bits together, cook until bits turn brown (usually about 10-15 minutes).
- Add garlic and basil to ham bits; cook for 5 minutes more.
- Add tomato sauce and simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Then add heavy cream and heat till warm. Add container of cheese. add salt and pepper if desired.
- Stir sauce till cheese is completely dissolved.
- Bring water to boil in a large pan. Pour pasta in once its boiling. Boil pasta for 10-15 minutes. Depends how you like your pasta (I prefer my al dente).
- Drain water from pasta and put back in pan. Add Sauce and toss to evenly coat noodles. Serve while warm. Extra Parmesan can be sprinkled on top.