Spicy Vodka Cream Pasta With Hot Sausage
Delightful vodka cream sauce with hot sausage. Very satisfing main dish.
- Ready In:
- 4 andouille sausages or 4 hot Italian sausage links
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 shallots, minced
- 1 cup vodka
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 1 (32 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon red pepper
- 16 ounces rigatoni pasta or 16 ounces penne pasta
- 1⁄2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil leaf, chopped
- salt and pepper
- Slice sausage links into ½ inch rounds and brown for several minutes in a large sauté pan.
- Add butter, garlic, and shallots. Sauté shallots for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add vodka and heat 4-5 minutes to reduce vodka by half.
- Add marinara sauce, can tomatoes and red pepper. Bring sauce to a boil and reduce heat to simmer for approximately 10 minutes.
- While sauce is simmering, cook pasta until it is al dente.
- Add cream into sauce and return to a boil.
- Add drain pasta to the sauce and add the basil leaves.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION