Recipe by DrGaellon
Use green tomatoes - that is, a variety which remains green even when ripe. Adapted from a recipe by Lalena at allrecipes.com
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 4 ripe green tomatoes, chopped
- 4 ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh corn kernels
- 1 quart vegetable broth
- 1 cup water
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- In a stockpot heat the oil over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic, saute until soft.
- Stir in the cumin, oregano, basil, sugar, bay leaf, worcestershire sauce, tomatoes and corn. Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Stir in vegetable broth and water, reduce heat to low and cook until heated through. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Remove bay leaf before serving.