Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Very Simple stove top soup that is very good.
- 15 ounces creamed corn
- 26 ounces canned tomatoes
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon dehydrated onion
- Empty a can of creamed corn into a pot atop the stove. Add chopped tomatoes and juice, a cup of chicken stock (or a cup of water and a chicken bouillon cube) and dehydrated onion. Heat to boiling. Add pepper, cayenne pepper, dehydrated garlic powder, and salt to taste, then simmer until served.
- Because the creamed corn thickens up the tomato juice, this feels like eating a chowder with cream and potatoes in it. Both can be added in, but this chowder is satisfying on its own.
- Also, this makes a nice base for Manhattan Clam Chowder.