Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a light and tasty salad--great for potlucks or just for a side. I like it with grilled chicken and fresh yeast rolls. The cook time is really the chilling time.
- 1 (8 ounce) boxuncooked ziti pasta
- 3 cups fresh plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar or 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- ground black pepper
- 1 cup garlic-flavored croutons
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions; drain.
- Rinse with cold water to cool quickly; drain well.
- In large bowl, stir together tomatoes, oil, onion, vinegar, basil, garlic and salt; add fresh ground black pepper to taste.
- Cover and refrigerate.
- Garnish with the croutons right before serving.
- This recipe can be doubled.
Excellent excellent excellent. One of our favorites for years.