Recipe by PrairieHarpy
This is such a simple thing, I'm not even sure it qualifies as "a recipe", but this is what I make my husband every Saturday and Sunday morning for breakfast, so I want to be able to add it to my grocery list more easily! It is good tho!
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the bread on a plate side by side.
- Place tomato slices to cover both pieces of bread. More cutting down of the slices may be necessary to assure full coverage, but we try not to go in for a full chop. (Doesn't bother me to use chopped, but DH prefers slices. Either works.).
- Place a slice of cheese on top of each piece of now tomato-covered bread.
- Put both slices in the toaster for 5 minutes (give or take, depending on your toaster. You want the cheese to be melty -- not crispy.).
- As soon as you take the bread out of the toaster, sprinkle it with fresh ground pepper. This must be done while the cheese is still soft enough for the pepper to melt into.
- Eat like you would a slice of toast. Enjoy!