Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I believe this recipe came from Cooking Light a LONG time ago. I've made this many times and it's wonderful! Fresh and light tasting and easy to prepare. What more could you ask for?
- 3 pints cherry tomatoes, halved
- 12 ounces feta cheese, cut into 1/4 inch dice
- 1 small red onion, cut into 1/4 inch dice
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar (or champagne vinegar)
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper (or to taste)
- In a serving bowl, gently toss together all ingredients. Serve immediately or chill, covered, until ready to serve.
Yum! Fresh and delightful. I made this as directed except that I only made 2 servings. I left the tomatoes whole as mine weren't very big and used the champange vinegar which added just a subtle touch of zing. Thanks ChicagoRN for a great keeper. Made for Photo Tag.
A wonderful blend of flavours: absolutely delicious. My only addition was 2 cloves of finely minced garlic. I halved the recipe on this occasion, and will certainly make this again in summer and no doubt enjoy it even more then. When making this salad, make sure that you use the very best quality, most flavoursome tomatoes you can get your hands on! Thanks for sharing this recipe! Made for Newest Zaar Tag!