Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Crescent Dragonwagon's Passionate Vegetarian. I am posting this to go with CD's Famed Tofu-Broccoli Enchiladas.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fresh tomatillos, husked
- 1⁄2 large onion, quartered
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro leaves and stems, coarsely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 -2 fresh serrano chilies or 1 -2 jalapeno pepper, stemmed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor. Buzz until smooth.
Made this last night in a flash. I halved the recipe and used one serrano, spicy!! I love spicy but next time I may remove some of the seeds first. But this salsa has a bright, fresh flavor that will bring foods to new levels!!
This salsa is really good! Super fast to fix, unless you don't have a food processor. Then it may take you a while. I used 2 semi-small serrano peppers and wowzy! wow! wow! they must have been nothing but solid hot juice! DH agrees and he loves hot and he loves the salsa too. Will use it tonight with the Tofu Broccoli Enchiladas I am planning to fix for dinner. Thanks for the wonderful recipe!