I was looking for a tomatillo salsa recipe for canning & couldn't find one that suited our Taste so, I came up this this one. Everyone that has tried it likes it. We have a lot of tomatillos in the garden, so I wanted a way to use them.
- Combine all ingredients in a large pot & stir frequently over high heat until mixture boils.
- Reduce heat.
- Simmer 20 minutes.
- Ladle into pint jars.
- Leave 1/2 inch head space.
- Adjust lids, process in a hot water bath for 20 minutes.
- Be sure to wear gloves when chopping peppers as they will burn fingers.
- Also, have good ventilation when cooking--I have found this to be true when cooking ALL salsa.
- I use a food processor for chopping.
- If you want it hotter use more jalapeños & you can use more or less cumin, as cumin makes it hot, BUT gives a good flavor.