Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I got this recipe from a Nestle recipe card.
- 4 large egg whites
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Grease cookie sheet.
- Beat egg whites, salt, and cream of tartar until soft peaks form.
- Add sugar; beat until stiff peaks form.
- Gradually fold in mini chips, 1/3 cup at a time.
- Drop by level tablespoon onto baking sheet.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until meringues are dry and crisp.
- Cool on cookie sheet for 2 minutes then transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container.