Recipe by byZula
I got this recipe from cookieclubrecipes.com. Submitted by: Cazorp
Top Review by LARavenscroft
Made for Zaar Chef Alphabet Soup Game (Feb '08 - Jan '09). These were excellent cookies. I don't think they even lasted one day. I was also able to make them gluten free by using GF flour and oats. I also added some chocolate chips because I like the combination of chocolate and toffee. Thanks for posting this Zusie-Q!
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups oatmeal
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 cups English toffee bits
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper, or cookies will stick to pan.
- In a medium bowl, cream together the butter and brown sugar. Stir in the egg and vanilla until smooth.
- Sift together the flour, salt and baking soda, stir into the creamed mixture. Then stir in the oats.
- Finally, stir in the Toffee pieces. Drop dough by rounded tablespoons onto the prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10 to 18 minutes in the preheated oven.
- Cookies will have a dry appearance when finished baking.