Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
We love these buttery, light and crispy cookies at our house, this makes lots of cookies so you may want to reduce the recipe by half
Top Review by JenR in the Lou
Excellent cookie! The consistency is very lighty and flaky... sort of like a shortbread cookie. I didn't have any toffee pieces on hand. So, I made my own by combinine 1 cup butter, 1 cup sugar and 1/4 cup water. Brought it to 270 degrees or so and poured onto a buttered cookie sheet. Let it cool and broke it up into small pieces. Used that for the chips in the recipe. Yum!
- 1 cup butter, softened (no substitutions)
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 4 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups sliced almonds
- 1 (10 ounce) packageskor toffee pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter, oil and sugars.
- Add in eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat in extract.
- combine flour, baking soda, cream of tartar and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture.
- Stir in almonds and toffee bits.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls on to an ungreased cookie sheet 2-inches apart.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Remove to wire racks and cool.