Toffee Almond Shortbread Bites
photo by Baby Kato
- Ready In:
- Preheat oven to 325 degree F.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine flour and brown sugar.
- Cut in butter with a pastry blender until mixture resembles fine crumbs and starts to cling.
- Stir in almonds and toffee pieces. Form the mixture into a ball and knead gently until smooth.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to a 1/4-inch thickness.
- Cut dough using a 1-1/4- to 1-1/2-inch scalloped or round cutter.
- Reroll dough as needed.
- Place rounds 1 inch apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle with coarse sugar.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 to 12 minutes or until bottoms just start to brown and edges are firm.
- Transfer cookies to a wire rack and let cool.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
These are soooo good Annacia, I love toffee shorbread and these don't disappoint. I made these for a friends birthday and had to hide them from myself. I couldn't stop eating them. Good thing I doubled the recipe. I got 24 cookies per batch. These tiny shortbread bites are crisp and tender, flavourful and rich, just perfect. I didn't have any coloured coarse sugar so I sprinkled fine white sugar on half the cookies and toffee bits on the rest. Thanks for sharing.