Vegan Waldorf Salad
photo by Proud Veterans wife
- Ready In:
- 1 lb of vegan chicken strips (I prefer Morning Side Chik n' strips)
- 2 apples (any variety)
- 3⁄4 cup chopped celery
- 1 1⁄2 cups of soy vanilla yogurt (or plain for an unsweetened version)
- 1⁄2 cup vegan mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup toasted walnuts
- 4 cups of shredded greens (I used spinach)
- 1⁄4 cup dried cranberries (optional)
- Start with thawed chicken strips and cut up into bite size pieces.
- Chop apples, celery and walnuts (if necessary). Mix with chopped chicken.
- Mix together soy yogurt and mayonaisse. Mix with chopped ingredients.
- Slice and add the greens that you chose. And add dried cranberries on top for an extra color before it is served if you want.
- And voila!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Using the vegan chicken strips was a new one for me, but wanted to serve this the other day when my vegetarian son & DIL were here, so . . . Surprisingly satisfying taste, too, & much enjoyed by all of us, especially with the toasted nuts AND the cranberries, which I was very generous with when adding them! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in this Spring's round of Pick A Chef] Want to know more about PAC? Click onto this link = http://www.recipezaar.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?t=327498
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a recent college graduate and I love to cook! Mainly because I have a out of the ordinary diet, I cook a lot of vegan stuff and am always looking for more ideas. Although not vegan, I do not eat meat but do from time to time eat seafood, but that is it. No turkey, pork, or chicken and I never eat anything that has egg in it. So as you can see, cooking for myself is usually the best bet!!