Prep 13 mins
Cook 10 mins
The tortillas cut in pieces can be toasted in the oven or fried in hot oil to make tortilla chips.
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. Cut each tortilla into 6 pieces. Spread half of the tortilla chips on a baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, turn each tortilla chip over and return them to the oven for 3 more minutes.
- Remove from the baking sheet and let them cool. Repeat with remaining tortilla chips.
- NOTE: other method is to fry the tortilla pieces in hot oil in a fryer, drain and to absorb the excess of oil, place them on paper towels and sprinkle with salt when they are still hot.