Prep 9 hrs
Cook 30 mins
The smoothest and creamiest peanut butter flavoured ice cream.
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 3 cups cream
- 1 pinch salt
- 7 egg yolks
- 1 vanilla pod
- Heat the milk, sugar and peanut butter in a medium saucepan until bubbly and smooth.
- Add 1 cup cream and cook for further 2 minutes,.
- Place 1 cup cream into large mixing bowl with a sieve on top.
- Beat egg yolks until shiny.
- Add egg yolks to heated mixture and cook for a further 5 minutes or until spatula can be coated by custard. Constantly mix the liquid.
- Add your vanilla pod beans to the mixture just before taking off the heat. Mix well.
- Pour custard through sieve into remaining cream in mixing bowl.
- Mix until smooth.
- Place in fridge for atleast 9 hours.
- Pour into ice cream machine and churn until a smooth, ice cream consistency is achieved.
- Serve cold.