20-Second Peanut Butter Chunk Ice Cream
- Ready In:
- 6hrs 5mins
- 4 ripe bananas, chopped into rough chunks and frozen
- 5 tablespoons crunchy peanut butter
- 1⁄4 cup almond milk
- candy sprinkles, for topping (optional)
- In a food processor, add the almond milk followed by frozen bananas and two tablespoons of the crunchy peanut butter. Blend until smooth. Add remaining 3 tablespoons peanut butter and pulse once or twice to incorporate. Do not overblend.
- Transfer ice cream to a loaf pan and cover with plastic wrap. Freeze until hardened, at least 8 hours, or overnight. Alternatively, for a soft-serve consistency, serve immediately.
- MIXED BERRY: Omit peanut butter and add 2 cups mixed frozen berries.
- STRAWBERRY: Omit peanut butter and add 1 1/2 cups frozen strawberries at the initial blending. When smooth, 1 cup chopped frozen strawberries at the end, pulsing just until incorporated. Do not overblend.
- CHOCOLATE MINT: Omit peanut butter and add 2-3 drops mint extract (or more to taste) at the initial blending. When smooth, add a few drops of green food coloring to reach desired color (optional), blending until color is well-distributed. Add 3 1/2 ounces roughly chopped semi-sweet chocolate, pulsing just until incorporated. Do not overblend.
- NUTELLA: Omit peanut butter and add 5 tablespoons Nutella at initial blending. When smooth, add 3 tablespoons Nutella and pulse just until incorporated. Do not overblend.
Join The Conversation