Recipe by Tish
I was messing with breakfast the other morning and I had all the ingredients and just couldn't decide what to do...here is what I came up with!
Top Review by SmoochTheCook
WOW! This satisfied my family to NO end! Instead of tots, I just used cubed potatoes with olive oil and saved on saturated fat and cholesterol and I used those precooked bacon bits to make that a little healthier (and easier...lol) too. Thank you!!!
- 8 -10 ounces tater tots (enough to spread on the bottom of a casserole dish)
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 4 -5 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups colby-monterey jack cheese or 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 6 pieces bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups onions, chopped (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup green peppers or 1⁄2 cup red peppers or 1⁄2 cup yellow pepper (optional)
- 3⁄4 cup mushroom, sliced (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Place tator tots in the casserole dish and drizzle butter over them.
- Place casserole dish in the oven.
- Cook bacon and chop up.
- (If you are going to add the onion, peppers, or mushrooms put them in the frying pan now and cook with a little bit of the bacon grease until cooked tender).
- Mix together the eggs and milk.
- Remove the pan from the oven and place the vegies in if you are adding them.
- Pour the egg mixture over all.
- Spread the bacon over the top, then put the shredded cheese over that.
- Place back in the oven and continue to cook for 30-40 minutes until done.