Oven Baked Omelet
photo by mydesigirl
- Ready In:
- 8 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch ground pepper (optional)
- 1 cup shredded cheese or 1 cup cheese slice
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- Mix eggs, milk, flour, salt and pepper until smooth.
- Pour half of the egg mixture into a greased 9x13-inch pan.
- Place cheese on top of egg (you can also add any other filling that you want). Pour the rest of the egg mixture over the filling.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until eggs begin to turn golden brown around the edges. Use a knife to loosen the omelet from the pan before slicing.
- If you want, sprinkle some additional cheese on top.
- Slice and serve.
- To save a step, combine most of the cheese with the egg mixture before pouring rather than putting them in the pan separately.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Excellent! Comes out being almost souffle-like! (except heavier). I like using a round casserole dish and slicing it up like a pie. Also, I found that baking at 350F, and only adding the extra filling/cheese ingredients after baking for 15-minutes first, helps keep the fillings/cheese from settling down at the bottom. The edges get all puffy and done first, I just wait until I see the middle part getting puffy and starting to crust, then I know it's done.
This is a well written, easy to follow recipe that is so versatile you can use pretty much anything you like and that you have on hand and it turns out perfect! I successfully cut it down and used only two eggs, 1/4c milk, 1/8c flour, salted to taste, course ground pepper to taste and about 1/4c grated cheese and mixed some sliced green onions in with the cheese. I used a smaller dish, maybe 5x7 and baked it about 18 minutes untill the top was set. It puffed up and browned beautifully, but serve it fast because it falls quickly, although that's not a problem because it still tastes wonderful! Thanks for sharing your recipe SJG!
see 11 more reviews