By turning tiramisu into a dip, you skip all the hassle of making the traditional trifle without losing any of the flavor. We liked strawberries and various cookies as dippers, but the dip could be spooned into individual cups with a few ladyfingers for a quick, elegant dessert. The dip can be made up to 2 days in advance and refrigerated in a covered container. Taken from CHOW.com *Cook time is chilling time.
- 12 ounces mascarpone cheese (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 8 ounces ricotta cheese (about 1 cup)
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons brewed espresso
- 2 tablespoons marsala or 2 tablespoons Kahlua
- 1 teaspoon cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped bittersweet chocolate
- fresh fruit, ladyfingers, cookies, tea biscuits
- Place mascarpone in a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment and whip on low speed until smooth, about 30 seconds.
- Add ricotta, sugar, espresso, and Marsala or Kahlúa.
- Increase speed to high and beat until stiff peaks form, about 3 minutes.
- Transfer to a shallow 1-quart serving dish and dust with cocoa powder, then sprinkle chocolate over cocoa.
- Serve with fresh fruit, ladyfingers, cookies, tea biscuits.