1 hr 20 mins
1 hr 10 mins
This is a different take on the Tiramisu desserts; especially for those who do not like coffee. These individual "tiramisu" cups would make a perfect dessert for a small dinner party or why not serve them at brunch. Courtesy of Diana's Desserts 2004.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 sheets phyllo dough
- 6 ounces cream cheese or 6 ounces mascarpone cheese
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons brandy or 2 tablespoons rum or 2 tablespoons Amaretto
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup frozen non-dairy topping, thawed
- 3/4 cup mixed berry (optional)
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate, shavings or 1/4 cup chocolate curls
- toasted slivered almonds, chopped (garnish)
- 1Preheat oven to 325F, for phyllo cups.
- 2In a medium bowl, with an electric mixer at medium speed, beat the cream cheese ( or mascarpone cheese, if using), confectioner's sugar, cocoa powder, milk, vanilla or almond extract, and rum or Amaretto or brandy, with a rubber spatula, fold in the whipped topping.
- 3Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- 4Fill the phyllo cups with cocoa mixture; top with berries (if using) and sprinkle with chocolate shavings ot curls and slivered almond pieces.
- 5Rather than dirty your pastry bag, snip a small hole in the corner of a plastic food storage bag and pipe the mixture into the cups.
- 6Phyllo Cups:.
- 7Layer 4 sheets of phyllo dough, brushing each layer with melted butter or oil.
- 8To prepare cups for the chocolate mousse filling, sprinkle each layer with granulated sugar or confectioner's sugar after brushing with butter or oil.
- 9Cut squares with scissors from the phyllo for various muffin pan sizes. (3-1/2 inch squares for mini cups; 5-1/2 inch for standard cups; 8-inch squares for jumbo cups).
- 10Spray the muffin tins with vegetable spray.
- 11Press the layered phyllo squares gently but firmly against the bottoms and sides of the muffin cups.
- 12Bake the empty shells until they are crisp and golden about 7-10 minutes.
- 13Remove them from oven and let them cool completely before filling.
- 14The empty cups can also be frozen. Can be made and baked 2-3 days in advance and stored in airtight container.
- 15Avoid filling them until just before serving. Moist contents will cause the phyllo to become soggy.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tiramisu Cups
Serving Size: 1 (154 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 349.8
- Calories from Fat 209
- Total Fat 23.3 g
- Saturated Fat 14.7 g
- Cholesterol 47.8 mg
- Sodium 226.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 12.3 g
- Protein 6.5 g