1/1 Photo of Tiramisu Cupcakes
I haven't made this one yet but it looks so good! I'm not sure how many these make, I guessed.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 eggs, separated (separate when cold, allow to come to room temp)
- 3.69 ml cream of tartar
- 236.59 ml sugar, divided
- 44.37 ml water, room temp
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 0.59 ml salt
- 236.59 ml sifted all-purpose flour (measure after sifted)
- 1In large mixing bowl at high speed, beat egg whites with cream of tartar until foamy. Add half of the sugar, 2 tablespoons at a time, beating constantly until sugar is dissolved and whites are glossy and stand in soft peaks. Rub just a bit of meringue between thumb and forefinger to feel if sugar has dissolved.
- 2In small mixing bowl at high speed, beat egg yolks until thick and lemon-colored, about 3 to 5 minutes. Gradually beat in remaining sugar, water, vanilla and salt (if desired) until blended.
- 3With a sifter or sprinkle flour with a sieve over whites. Add beaten yolk mixture. Gently, but thoroughly, fold yolk mixture and flour into whites.
- 4Fill muffin cups 2/3 full. Bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees for 10-15 min or until done.
- 5Espresso Syrup.
- 6In a small, heavy saucepan over high heat, combine the water, the remaining 1/2 cup confectioner’s sugar and the espresso or coffee powder. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and let cool.
- 7Use a fork to poke a few holes into cupcakes so that they will absorb liquid. Pour approximately ½-1 teaspoon of syrup onto each cupcake.
- 9In a medium bowl using an electric mixer set on medium speed, beat together the mascarpone cheese, confectioner’s sugar and marsala until well blended. Add the cream and beat until fluffy, about 1 minute. Frost cupcakes with mascarpone/whipped cream mixture. Dust tops with cocoa powder (I used unsweetened) and then sprinkle with dark chocolate shavings.
Browse Our Top Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tiramisu Cupcakes
Serving Size: 1 (62 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 135.4
- Calories from Fat 35
- Total Fat 3.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 56.6 mg
- Sodium 34.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 15.8 g
- Protein 2.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: